1. Upon transfer to our funeral home, each person has an identification badge attached to them with their full name.
2. In our presence a family member or designee identifies the person. This insures 100% that we have in our care the right person.
3. The person is placed in the casket or cremation container and that container is labeled with their name, double checking that the badge matches the labeled casket or container.
4. Before the cremation takes place, all forms and requests are double checked by the funeral director before the cremation is authorized by Bolin-Dierkes Funeral Home & Crematory.
5. A ledger records the name of the person and an identification number is assigned to that person. This identification number is taken from a metal disc that is imprinted with a unique Identification number to that person that will stay with the person through the entire cremation process.
6. A third confirmation takes place by the crematory operator to ensure that the container, paperwork and metal disc all match.
7. When placed into the crematory chamber the unique metal disc is placed inside the chamber with the person, so that once cremated this metal disc serves to identify that person. Every Cremation is done one at a time.
8. When placing the cremated remains in the urn, the metal disc along with a card containing the person’s name is placed with the cremated remains inside the urn.